« Back to Job Listings
|Location:||Union Station - Nashville|
• Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu, maintaining standards of service
• Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management
• Maintain proper set-up of dining room
• Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant
• Close out guest checks as needed, using a POS system
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to communicate, verbally, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to guest requests
• Ability to comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
• Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Basic knowledge of service of various alcoholic beverages.
• Basic knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
• Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the
safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
• Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
• Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests.
• Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and
positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating
empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
• Ability to handle cash/credit transactions. Ability to solve basic mathematical problems, with use of computer/calculator
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room.
• Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker
• Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to
guests and co-workers
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience