« Back to Job Listings
Nexus is passionate about our belief in the power of advanced technologies to help organizations Connect, Collaborate, and Create. We deliver complex end-to-end technology solutions based on five distinct yet complementary practices: collaboration, data center, borderless networks, business video, and managed services. Nexus partners with industry leaders Cisco, EMC, VMware, Microsoft, NetApp and NEC to provide our clients with customized, purpose-built converged technology solutions. A 20-time Cisco partner award winner, we recently also received our 12th consecutive Cisco Gold Star of Excellence for Customer Satisfaction, cementing our status as an industry leader. At Nexus, our people make the difference – we have an unwavering commitment to our customers, our partners, and most of all, our associates. Join our team.
Nexus is seeking System Engineer professionals to join our exciting team.
General Position Description:
The Systems Engineer will be engaged in all presales activities. The main focus will be on Cisco solutions which include Cisco’s Advanced & Emerging Technologies portfolio. Within the Cisco portfolio we focus on IPT, Video, Contact Center, Messaging, and wireless systems. The engineer will work as part of a Support Team to validate pricing requirements as well as providing presentations, configuration and product demonstrations. The SE must have Cisco specific knowledge, certifications and specializations to back up that knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to the following):
• Use of Cisco configurator to create enterprise-level solutions
• Work independently to gather requirements and translate those into solutions
• Provide collaboration with Sales Team to create win strategy
• Travel may be required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 5-7 years experience in related field
• Cisco generalist with knowledge of UC and Business Video
• Cisco Route, Switch, Security, Wireless and Voice knowledge
• Must have Visio experience and capable of creating complex Visio’s
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Able to relay technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
• Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
• Must possess excellent time management skills
The person is this role must demonstrate the following:
• The ability to appear for work on time
• The ability to accept constructive criticism
• The ability to maintain and develop positive team cohesiveness
• The ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures
• High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
• Must maintain current minimum Cisco Certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CCVP
• Must possess at least one additional certification in addition to Cisco
Nexus IS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.