« Back to Job Listings
|Location:||Union Station - Nashville|
Position Overview: Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality
standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
• Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion
standards, per check from servers
• Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare
• Date all food containers and rotate as per Turnberry Hospitality standards, making
sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures
• Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up.
Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked
• Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to
cover/date all perishables
• Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food
waste, loss and usage per Turnberry Hospitality standards
• Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food
processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to
assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job
• Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and a safe hotel for guests.
Qualifications, Job knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to communicate, verbally, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to
• Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 75
lbs. on a continuous schedule
• Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the
safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
• Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
• Food handling certificate
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
• Ability to multi-task
• Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to
guests and co-workers
1 year prior cooking experience in an upscale restaurant
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and