|Department:||Los Angeles, CA|
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
Brainlab is currently recruiting a Clinical Specialist in our Surgery Business working in the Southwest region. This role is based at UCLA in Sanata Monica, CA. The position assignment will last approximately 1 year.
Clinical Specialists work with client’s physicians and other medical personnel to provide clinical guidance and product support in real time during surgery.
• Provide on-site consulting, guidance and assistance to physicians and OR personnel by evaluating options and problem-solving during surgery in order to maximize IGS product efficiency and usage
• Analyze, resolve and repair product issues through detailed analysis and utilization of engineering expertise
• Direct and assist Radiology staff in performing necessary scans prior to surgery
• Educate/train physicians and hospital personnel, including OR staff, Radiology, Central Sterile Processing, Biomedical and Information Technologies staff, on the use of IGS products and services
• Develop and conduct training programs for hospital staff enabling them to implement in-house training
• Act as primary customer liaison, maintaining contact with customer, assessing satisfaction and usage levels, and working to increase revenue via the sale of spare parts, upgrades, etc.
• Work closely with the Senior Application Consultant, Area Account Manager, Key Account Manager and Marketing Manager on market transparency, upgrade initiatives and R&D projects
• Utilize engineering expertise to contribute to the quality improvement process by recommending product modifications
• Attend meetings and trade shows to demonstrate and promote IGS products and services
• Keep abreast of developments regarding Brainlab and competitive IGS products and services via ongoing training and individual research and analysis
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
• B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Clinical Engineering, or Nursing required
• 1-3 years experience in a technical support role preferably for a healthcare company or Provider
• 1-2 years sales experience with healthcare company preferred
• Knowledge of surgical procedures, anatomy and medical terminology preferred
• Proficient in the use of PC software applications including Microsoft Office
• Self-motivated, detail oriented and a proven history of ability to make independent decisions
In return for the experiences listed above we will provide a business casual environment, competitive compensation package including medical, dental, life, LTD, STD, and matching 401k benefits and much more.
Visit us at: www.brainlab.com
Brainlab Inc. is an EEO-AA employer. F/M/V/D
No phone calls - please.